Saturday, September 21, 2013

Saturday of all Saturday's

How's your Saturday been folks?!

Ours has been packed full and full of my favorite loves! 

Sushi: CHECK!
Bike ride: CHECK!
Ice cream from a local shop: CHECK!
Breaking in our new grill: CHECK!

QUALITY SATURDAY WITH THE HUBS: PRICELESS!
#FTW

So, if you didn't know a couple things about me is that I have cravings out the wah-zoo... and when said cravings come about, they-must-be-conquered ASAP!



My perdy/not-so-sushi-loving husband agreed to a Saturday lunch date to satisfy my said craving... Ain't he a keeper?! ;) So on we go we to local sushi joint, Oishi Sushi! .... a bit sketchy from the outside, but a menu and decor to make up the less than stellar curb-appeal, I tell ya'!

I started with my usual seaweed salad appetizer while our lunch special came with Alex's miso soup! Slurp, slurp!

Seaweed salad in hand, time to glance towards the menu #veggie rolls and compliment the interior design! 

PS: I tried to get Alex to go into one of the No.Shoes.Allowed rooms, but he quickly vetoed the idea.  So chic, love it!



While I chomped on my seaweed salad, we ordered our sushi rolls, and Alex got his miso soup, and next thing ya' know, our SUSHI arrived! Slurp, slurp.... Like a kid in a candy shop!
Well helllllllllooooo there gorgeous!


Alex: Hunny, how do you use chopstix again?!

...Oh, I got it!!!!

....... KERPLUNK! Sushi overboard.

Wellll..... I thought I had a good grasp on it.... Whoops!




Obviously we hated it.... ;)

Did someone say "clean plate club?!"... YES SIR-EE!


Next was a trip to K-Mart in search of an affordable bike for Alex since mine's been growin' cob webs.... LITERALLLLLLY!! cause' what's a bike ride without someone to join ya'?! 

We dusted off the ol' webs and headed off on a fun adventure!









                                                                                Couples that bike togetha', stay togetha' eh?!


 We rode to strip of historic #Irvington to check out some local shops and stumbled upon the new ice cream parlor -- we've been meaning to try this place out AND it has more than just ice cream ma' friends! Check this gem out ASAP peeps!

I loved the decor too, very 1950's diner with TONS of color! Fun stuff for kids and adults... and free wifi! I doubt this'll be my only venture to this joint!

Hola ma' new BFF WylePalooza! ;)























Sundaes.... Shakes.... Ice Cream?! WHAT TO CHOOSE?!?!?!??

I am oddly weird and picky about ice cream, so when I saw Ultimate Oreo, I was convinced I was sold, since ya' can't really screw up oreo ice cream... but then I caught a glance of LEMON MERINGUE?! Very intrigued and skeptical, the super nice employee offered a sample.  H-O-L-Y C-O-W! was that the absolute best taste of ice cream eva'?! Why, yes, yes IT WAS! 

SOLD, a cup of of lemon meringue for zee lady.  And Alex, true to form, channelled his inner 8 year old boy and got Superman ice cream... that he inhaled so quickly I barely got a taste!



What's a better way to end this great day and PERFECT weather than breakin' in our new hybrid grill usin' our garden veggies to make KABOBS! #FTW




So let's gettin' marinatng!

1 Quorn Chik'n Cutlet, largely diced
- 1-2 small peppers, largely diced
- 1 small onion, largely diced
-1/2 to 1 cup grape tomatoes
1 1/2 lemons, juiced & zested
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
2-3 teaspoons garlic, minced
3 Tablespoons fresh basil, rosemary, parsley, finely diced
- Seasoned salt & pepper

Marinate for 30-45 minutes.  



Half charcoal, half gas.... a beast of a machine and perfect for any occasion! Ya' think it's big enough for us?!


This was an Alex concoction! Screwer the veggies to you're likin' and keep the extra marinade to spread ova' the skewer's while grillin'! Alex cooked these babies over low heat on the gas side of the grill to get things rollin'! 

PS: Wanna know a top secret of how we make it as a meat-eating and vegetarian couple?! Same ingredients, same marinade, divided into two bags! Shrimp for him, Quorn Chik'n for her! There ya' go folks! 


Can we say front porch/patio dinna'?! Yes pah-lease! =)



Hope you had as fun filled of a Saturday as we did!

See ya' tomorrow while I'm hyperventilating into a paper bag prepping for Monday's shin-dig

No comments:

Post a Comment