Sunday, February 24, 2013

For better or for worse...

These past several weeks, I have been busier than I have in a really long time and I'm constantly trying to learn how to juggle my priorities while still making sure I leave time for Alex and myself in our marital journey.   





Also, my biggest challenge but at the top of my list is making sure I am being cognizant of how grateful I am for my husband, Alex, in being so patient with my not-always-so-great attitude about things going on with school or at work.  









Last Thursday, it hit me the hardest...

I hadn't been sleeping well that week, and Thursday's are always my busiest days at work, and also the only day I have to actually go to class, versus my other was being online.  Thursday's are just longggg days, but this one, I let myself start out on a really negative tone because of how tired I was, knowing I was in for a full 16 hour day with class and not prepared for the quiz I knew we'd be having in class and was texting Alex throughout the day, really just being a downer about either how tired I was, nervous about the quiz, frustrated with things at work...  Haven't been fair or nearly enough appreciate to my oh so patient and loving husband.

I'm driving home, exhausted, hungry, feeling defeated....

I walk in to a pleasant surprise!

My absolute favorite dessert and "cheer me up" food there is!
Alex dropped by store on his way home from work to get the ingredients, and had a whole batch done by the time I got home from class.  

It was that moment, I realized how not only did I have such a negative attitude all that day for such small, completely minute things I won't remember in a month, and Alex had been so patient in dealing with it all day and even took the time and the love to cheer me up with my beyond favorite "cheer up" food.  This day was one of his many test's of my "worse" side, and he did something so loving, unexpected, and largely undeserved on my part.

It was then... I knew I needed to start changing my mindset and attitude, especially for the sake of my marriage so Alex remembers I have the "better" in me too.  

I have so many things to be thankful for and I need to stop dwelling on little glitches in the present moment, and focus on the bigger aspects of the present.... the present moment...

And hey, how can ya' resist those good lookin' strawberries dipped in chocolate with pure love eh'?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a stressful week and/orday, what would be in your top 3 perfect surprises to come home too?

Mine:
1. Chocolate covered strawberries
2. HARD candy Sprees
3. Strawberry Cheesecake



 

No comments:

Post a Comment