Friday, February 1, 2013

High Five For Friday!

F.R.I.D.A.Y!!

This has been a beyond stellar week!  PLUS, I worked from home all week, so I avoided all the rain and then the snow and horribly cold temperatures and give some extra lovin' to our furry kiddos.  The downside to working from home is boundaries -- I'm not able to shut down like I am when I leave the office and blast some music in my car to deflate from the day, and instead find myself clocking in to answer emails or edit measures at 8:30pm.  Whoops.  Also, I procrastinated to the max on homework this week, but I fit it all in so I'm darn proud of myself!
My FANTASTIC week in a nutshell...

1. Last Saturday, I took my "Little Sister D" roller skating at the roller rink.  She was so scared of falling that in the 2 hours we were there until they closed public skating, we only made it onto and around the rink once, but I was proud and she still had fun! Brought me back to being a kid again and I love to see her smile!

Doing the Cha Cha after the rink closed for skating!
                                          
Just how I remember!
My souvenir glow stick!



 2. There is nothing I love more than waking up to a face like this on those cold winter weekends.....

How can you not love this face?
 3. My amazing husband found this super bargain deal on a new fireplace screen to replace our hideous gold one that came with the house.  We have been wanting to do this for a year, and he stumbled across this at Goodwill!!! You find the best things when you've not even looking!

YAY!
Before:After 
 4. We love food, we both love to cook, we love each other and love spending time together.  Saturday morning breakfast is my favorite time of the week, because it's the one time we always make a meal, eat and spend time together and talk about our plans for the weekend the upcoming week. 
Alex made breakfast while I showering, one of our favorites! Omelet, veggie sausage patties, and a side of whole wheat toast. YUM!
5. I have the best parents.  My mom surprised Alex and me with an early Valentine's gift that I have been wanting for YEARS now, but never had the space in apartments kitchen or with roommates in college to store one.  So excited to put some miles on this bad boy and get baking! I LOVE making eating homemade bread, but that whole kneading thing... just no fun :\
Hello there lovely! Welcome to your new home!


Sadly, my weekend is filled with homework and preparing for midterms, but I'll surely be watching the Superbowl on Sunday and finding some time to do other things I enjoy :)

HAPPY FRIDAY! Hope you had a GREAT week!

1 comment:

  1. Your fireplace looks so warm and cozy :) Enjoy your new Kitchen Aid. I've sure been spoiled by mine!

    ReplyDelete