Thursday, March 7, 2013

New Morning Routine

Loving my new morning routine... It really has made a world of difference in so many ways. 

I've spent the past 2 weeks really looking into different ways to help minimize my stress level, better prioritize my time, get my sleep patterns on track and get cookin' again since I LOVE it and get some very needed exercise back into my routine....

For a long time, I always thought of exercise as needing to block of a good hour, get ready, go to the gym, spend X amount of time on cardio before doing so many reps of lifting weights that when my schedule became what it is now... Exercise has been pushed so far back on my list of things to do in the little spare time I have that I forget that I even used to exercise... (Pitiful, I know)....

After some research and fantastic resources, I come across a morning routine through the lovely world of Pinterest (duh!) that has brought me to several blogs with exercise tips, health tips and stress management with deep breathing and meditation and I have noticed an immense difference.  

My (Weekend) Morning Routine:
I'm trying to cut back on coffee and stick to de-caffinated green tea for mornings, but I've found that a replacing my mug of coffee with warm water with a good amount of lemon juice is a perfect start to my day.  It's refreshing, it has loads of health benefits from helping boost your immune system, aiding in digesting, flushing vital organs (liver and kidney) of toxins, hydrates, helps aiding in weight loss and even more. 


I usually have a cup either before or with a light breakfast since it's unusually filling in itself!  Since my digestive system is horribly slow, I also add some benefiber to make sure I'm getting enough fiber everyday. 

After a cup of lemon water and something in my stomach, whether oatmeal, cereal, yogurt with some toast, etc., I found a wonderful short and sweet workout routine to try and get as much as I can (physically and time wise) done before I need to get ready or start working from home thanks to A La Corinne's blog.  
  • 25 push-ups
  • 30 crunches
  • 50 second wall sit
  • 10 tricep dips
  • 45 second plank
  • 30 lungs on each leg
  • 15 squats
If I can manage to get through all of this and have extra time, I try to see how much of a second time around I can do (I'm constantly sore, but it's an oddly nice reminder of my productivity in this new routine!)

Last on my list is trying to make it to yoga class on Monday nights (or more if I can swing it) at a nearby fitness center that I really love and have incredible prices and wonderful classes..... Very excited about this new phase and adventure of my life staying healthy and happy!

I found this through Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life and it's what I make sure to follow and remind myself of each and every day.  I hope it helps bring you some peace in a world that become so hectic so quickly...
 Photo 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you prefer low key weekends or busy weekends spent with friends/errands/things you didn't get done during the week?

I usually prefer low key weekends so they don't slip by too quickly, but when the weather's right, I love some good outdoor time with Alex and our pups (and it doesn't hurt to get s-o-m-e things done before the next week rolls around)....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment