Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I Can't Believe It's Not.... Chicken!

Happy Tuesday!

So, some unrelated to food, but very exciting life news that I've already spilled the beans with family and friends, but thanks to my wonderful job, I'm going to be a co-author on approximately 6 publications regarding the study I manage!

Naturally, I was most excited to tell Alex when he got home:

Me: "HUNNY, I'm going to be a co-author on some publications!"
Alex: "Ooooo, so I'll be able to Google SCHOLAR you!... That's pretty hot ;)


He was an English major and works with library's, ya' just gotta know the man to get it because that's such an Alex response! HA!

I'll let ya'll when you can Google Scholar me and check out what I do when I'm not cookin' delicious food ;)

.... And then we celebrate with the one and only.....












STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE! 

Yes, PAH-lease!

So, now my excitement has turned to my stomach thinkin' about this winner I made the other night, a perfect weeknight dinner full of flava & PROTEIN! #FTW

Parmesan Chik'n Cutlets with Potato Wedges
Serves 2-3
Slightly adapted from Jenna Weber


In the line up for the Potato Wedges!
- 1/2 lb red potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste

Start out by washing and scrubbing the potatoes and cut them lengthwise into wedges (leave skin on so ya' get the nutrients!)

Soak the wedges in cold water for about 15-30 minutes to get the starch out and patch completely dry. 





















Add the dry potato wedges to a small/medium bowl, and then add in the Parmesan cheese and extra virgin olive oil.  Perhaps splash a pinch of salt and pepper, but don't go overboard!

























Line the wedges onto a non-stick oven sheet and cover in the oil and Parmesan oil mixture.  Cook wedges at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes to get browned and golden. 



In the line up for the Chik'n Cutlets!

- 1 & 1/8 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced 
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper

While the potatoes are bakin' away, prep the chik'n cutlets by letting 3 cutlets thaw a bit and brush each cutlets with about 1/8 teaspoon extra virgin oil or until lightly coated and season with seasoned salt and pepper on both sides. 



















In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, the 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil and the minced garlic and heap a pile onto each cutlet. 















Put in towards the end of the potatoes roasting away at 400 degrees and baked until cutlets are cooked and the cheese has browned!


Now my friend's... This is why I urged you to make extra aioli from yesterday's Spanish dish, cause' it really pulled this dinner on home! Added a perfect spice to go with the cheesy cutlets and wedges!


Wedges were perfectly brown with an audible crunch, and the cutlets were packed with garlic and cheese flava! 



Ready in about 30-40 minutes since you bake the cutlets at the end of the wedges 30 minutes, and you've got your leftover aioli all ready to plate up and chow down!


Got some chik'n, some potato wedge, slathered in some spicy aioli and we were on cloud nine! SLURP, SLURP!

ENJOY ma' friends!

~~~~~~

You can follow me on Facebook or Twitter on the right sidebar of this page!


No comments:

Post a Comment